[Clipart] agree checkbox

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Apr 29 12:50:06 PDT 2004

After thinking abou rworth's suggestion, I added a quick checkbox to get
users to agree to move their clipart to Public Domain from the quick and
easy upload box.

Is this good enough to move a work to PD. I think this is easier than
making an intermediate screen.

Also, if a user selects this and does not have metadata embedded in
their image, then it will allow us to go back in and add it.

One question, so far we are making metadata at the uppermost level of an
SVG. Shouldn't metadata be explicitly linked to an image so that if it
is copied and pasted, that metadata is copied with the graphic?

I think this is totally necessary to figure out, as that is my main
interest in attaching metadata--so that it is portable with the image.
This will allow many great things in the future. Is it clear what I am
saying?

Graduate Researcher
Visual Arts Department

PO BOX 948667