[Clipart] SVG Output Using Adobe Illustrator CS on Windows

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Apr 30 10:51:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 Sigmascape1 at cs.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Over the next few weeks, I am going to begin developing some material
> for the repository. My main SVG/Vector app is Illustrator (version
> CS). When outputting content in SVG from Illustrator, do I need to be
> aware of anything in terms of compatibility or things that are not
> standardized?

You might want to download the Windows or Mac version of Inkscape and
try it on a couple images saved from Illustrator to see if there are any
compatibility issues, but my guess is that as long as you avoid some of
the more esoteric features, there shouldn't be many compatibility issues
to worry about.

> Also, I'll be attempting to process metadata from Illustrator. Any
> issues with that?

I think you'll be the pioneer here.  ;-)