[Clipart] uploading error

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Dec 27 18:54:53 PST 2004

"jon" <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> You should remove their old entry from your known_hosts file.

Okay, I'm in.  It took me a few moments to figure out the new
directory-tree arrangement for where things are kept.  (However,
long-term, I think I like the new arrangement better than the old
one.)

One more thing, though:  a permissions issue.  Probably I just need to
be added to the group, or something.  Here's the specific error I'm
getting:

tail: cannot open `error.log' for reading: Permission denied

If I touch a file in my home directory, it belongs to group
freedesktop, rather than clipart, so I suspect the problem is one of
group membership on my account.

> Maybe we can still collect enough clipart to do an end of DEC
> release...maybe not though.

Even if there's not a lot of new clipart, I think we should go ahead
and do a release anyway, for three reasons:

1.  It'll give us a chance to hash out the details of the release
    process and make sure we know how it works.  Last time, for 0.08,
    we started from a prerelease tarball that Bryce put together; this
    time we should make sure somebody besides Bryce knows how to
    generate that.

2.  There are some adjustments to the directory structure of the
    release that I'd like to make, notably within computer/icons

3.  It's an opportunity to make sure we have things put back
    together and working after the outage.

> Also, could you look at the right hand sidebar and see why on the
> pages that your scripts use, the incoming items are static and the
> links to them do not work. I suspect because they are built onto the
> shell file, so maybe we should come up with a good solution to this
> error.

Its attempt to update the cache is, for whatever reason, failing.

If you visit this URI:
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_svg.cgi?UpdateCache
It'll attempt to update the cache on the spot, and the error it's
getting should appear at the end of the error log.  I need to see that
error message to comment further.

>> Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:
>>
>> > i tried to upload a SVG image using the normal procedure, but
>> > received "500 Internal Server Error" - this may be the cause we
>> > don't have any submission this month?

I also need to see the message that appears in the log when this
happens.