[Clipart] Problems with the website during/after submission

Felix Rabe xitnalta at web.de
Wed Dec 29 13:21:52 PST 2004

Hi,

I submitted my first work on openclipart.org today.  There are several
issues I find during and after that process:

- I cannot use the submit field above "News" without getting a big fat
red error message.  (Possible solution is to replace that message with a
friendlier one telling submitters that you're glad they like to submit
their work, but that they are now in a next step where they need to give
more details in the elaborate form that follows.)

- Sodipodi's website is not at sodipodi.org, but at sodipodi.com or
sodipodi.sf.net.

- "Disable CSS" sends me to a no-CSS, but empty, front page.

- The search picture right to the "search" field is on some pages just
the text "search".  (Difference obvious between
<http://www.openclipart.org/index.php> and
<http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate>.)

- Your "Incoming Clip Art" section does (probably) only work from the
front page - you don't use absolute URLs in your "href=" fields of the
links.

- There are some spelling mistakes in the categories, e.g. "vegitable".

It looks like there might be some kind of website update in progress, so
many glitches might get smoothed out after its completion.  Otherwise, I
hope you find my experiences useful when improving your website.

You're doing a good job.  Keep going!

Greetings,
Felix