[Clipart] shell.php

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Dec 30 15:51:33 PST 2004

This is mainly to Jonadab, but others plz jump in.

Here is all that shell.php has in it:

<?php
     $site_root = '';
     include $site_root . "includes/header.php";
?>

$CONTENT$

<?php include $site_root . "includes/footer.php"; ?>

So, Jonadab, is your script just scraping the webpage after it has been served
by apache? I think there should be a cleaner and more efficient solution than
this. I just did a search on executing perl code in php.

Here is one solution:

To execute perl scripts from inside PHP-scripted pages, use the following code:

<?php virtual ("../path/to/script.cgi"); ?>

Thus, you could make php wrappers around your scripts for the site. But, I don't
think this would work well with passed parameters, so that might not be a good
solution.

Otherwise, we could make shell.php insert some $SITE_ROOT$ into all
site-relative links that you could then replace with your script.

Hmmm...lets discuss some solutions here on list b4 proceeding.

1528 Alice St. Apt. #4
Oakland, CA, USA 94612-5004

USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org