[Clipart] Updates + Open Font Library + Raph

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Dec 31 20:19:23 PST 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> "Jonadab the Unsightly One" <jonadab at bright.net> writes:
>

>>Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:
>>

>>>Great, let me know if I can help on Saturday.  I'm going to be tied
>>>up today (with Inkscape) and tomorrow (with holiday stuff) but will
>>>be available some this weekend.
>>
>>I should have the release itself ready to go Friday, but there may be
>>some additional small things that need doing.
>

> In my home directory (on the server) is a directory called simply 0.09

Cool, maybe the next time you should put this in the project space for the group
(ie, at the same level as clipart_web

> This directory contains three files.  They took over six hours between
> them to upload while I was at work (such is my bandwidth here), but
> they're there now.

Time to get that dsl... jk ;)

> clipart-0.09-failed.zip contains the files that failed.  At least, I
> think that it contains all the ones that failed, and I think all or
> nearly all of the ones it contains are ones that failed.
>
> The other two are the 0.09 release candidate in zip format and as a
> gzipped tarball and are (or, should be, if I got the tar syntax right)
> equivalent.
>
> I am more confident that the zipfile contains what I think it does
> than I am about the tarball, because it's been an aeon and a half
> since I last created a tarball, and the tar manpage is doubleplus
> confusing.  But I *think* I got the tarball right.
>
> As far as the contents and the release process, it was a little rough
> being my first time, but I _think_ I finally did get the process
> pretty well ironed out and that what we have here is a usable release.
>
> Somebody should check it and make sure it turned out alright, then put
> it up for download, link to it, and install it for the browse script.
> I think this is mostly stuff anyone in the clipart group can do,
> assuming the server permissions are as they should be ex post outage.

Ok, I'm checking out and will see what is up. I will report back after my
downloads finish. Thanks for doing this!

> If all is well, I should update the release process documentation on
> the wiki next week (or perhaps tomorrow) from my notes.  I did have to
> make a couple of adjustments from the cheat sheet -- notably, changes
> due to the new directory layout on the server, and the additional step
> we added last time of consolidating the directory structure.  Also, as
> near as I can tell (?) svg_validate neither removes validated files
> from incoming nor moves failed ones to failed, so I wrote an
> additional script that attempts to parse LOG.txt and do the latter.

Rock out...so you don't think svg_validate does anything? Hmmm...Bryce, that is
your handy-work, right? Jonadab, what does your new script do differently than
svg_validate?

1528 Alice St. Apt. #4
Oakland, CA, USA 94612-5004

USA PH 510.499.0894