[Clipart] Firefox trademarks

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Jul 13 17:27:19 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> Yeah, logos and other trademarked items tend to have a lot of
> conditions attached to them, and I wonder if it wouldn't be safer to
> simply exclude all trademarked images.  I'd assume they're not
> placed in the public domain anyway.

I agree that it would be safest to exclude images with significant
trademark issues from the collection.

I have no idea whether Wilbur is a trademark.  He's a logo and a
mascot, but I never investigated his legal status.  I've never been
very clear on the FSF's stand on trademarks, though I think I have a
fair idea what their stance on patents is.  I poked around on gimp.org
and didn't find anything about this.  Unless someone knows, maybe we
should ask.

Any image related in any way to Mozilla.org is almost surely
trademarked, for historical reasons having to do with Netscape.