[Clipart] Tasks for 'openclipart' package

"Áki G. Karlsson" aki at akademia.is
Wed Jun 9 17:00:50 PDT 2004

Glenn Randers-Pehrson wrote:

>Expect vandalism, in the form of breakins and vulgar images.  We need
>to decide whether to deal with that by moderation or by after-the-fact
>cleanup.
>
>Glenn

I think that the best policy is always to accept anything and anyone as
long as you have the option of kicking out the vandals before they do
too much damage... Having a pool that is offline is one option, but the
problem is that accepts have to happen fast or people lose interest.
Another option would be to have an online "uncensored" pool that gets
routinely checked for vandalism, but then again, cleaning would also
have to happen fast.

As for "developers" I was thinking about all the people that have signed
up in the wiki... They could automatically get rights as moderators, no?
Until someone starts making repeated gaffes that is, and then it is
possible to exclude them, right?

It might be desirable to limit access to the cvs to package maintainers
but have a (much) wider pool of reviewers/moderators.

Anyway, I'm now beginning to look at a piece of php code called "OutSide
Photos". It's GPL (from sourceforge) but I'm not sure if it's any good.
In a sense, what is needed is a robust review mechanism, rather than an
upload gadget. I can put in some time coding in php if it's needed and
if someone can review my code (I'm not a programmer and tend to make
lots of overcooked bolognese when coding ;).

BR

Áki