[Clipart] [Fwd: SVG Open 2004 - Paper Acceptance]

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Jun 17 06:37:28 PDT 2004

Arg...I though I'd be online all the time once in Korea, but just have
now found a place to get wireless. I'm forwarding my acceptance to
SVGOPEN (its at the bottom of the email).

Here are the comments from the reviewers:

It sounds great to have a paper about content generation. Many SVG
papers are about applications, not art. It would be good to hear about
any other artwork collections and how their communities contribute and
describe the experience with the SVG community so far. Suggestions for
increasing knowledged about this project would be good too.

SVG is a lot about sharing kowledge and artwork. The Open Clip Art
Library, as the abstract suggested, a combination of high quality
artwork and RDF metadata, is a very welcome contribution for both the
Open Source and SVG community. I am myself a regular user of Open Source
software and appreciate the steady progress of Open source graphics
applications. Keep up the good work and looking forward to your
presentation in Tokyo!

I will start working on this paper later in the summer, but it is good
to know that we have promotion for our coming work...

Jon