[Clipart] Tasks for 'openclipart' package

"Áki G. Karlsson" aki at akademia.is
Fri Jun 25 18:04:00 PDT 2004

Hi Bryce

Things are going well. The news of the metadata ui in inkscape is great!
I am going fetch the cvs version soon and try it out.

I haven't been very active looking into these things, and it seems that
the essential is being taken care of. One thing I wanted to ask is are
you going to be adding functionality to the website with perl or php?
Perl may be prudent considering the resources, but I lament to say that
I am pretty useless in that area.

One thing I'd really like to see on the roadmap is the comments
mechanism previously suggested. I think it would be a real incentive for
people to submit their work. Maybe we should go the extra mile of having
a "display" page open when the thumbnails are clicked where the comments
would show below the image, similar to art.gnome.org for example. It
could also take care of issues concerning the display of svg in some
browsers using an <embed> tag or some such thing (and even display the
svg horizontally centered and offset from top - a real novelty!).

Some things concerning the website:
- While I generally like spartan design, I feel that "the clipart site
to end all clipart sites" could be a tad more lively. Even a simple
logo, or a logo proposition, in the top left would go a long way.
- The colors are quite drab, and the umbilical cord with the Inkscape
site needs to be severed. How do you think a white/off-white combination
would look?
- This clipart site has no images! Which is original, but contrary to
every expectation. The browseable index will fix that though.

Just a few ideas... Back to the drawing app :)

Best regards

Áki