[Clipart] Comma-separated keywords in metadata

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun Jun 27 10:50:42 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> wrote in
news:Pine.LNX.4.50.0406270930500.26539-100000 at sherborne.bryceharr
ington.com:

>> The proper way to achieve this in RDF is with a 'rdf:Bag':
>>
>> <dc:subject>
>> <rdf:Bag>
>> <rdf:li>yield</rdf:li> <rdf:li>sign</rdf:li>
>> <rdf:li>yield sign</rdf:li>
>> <rdf:li>street sign</rdf:li>
>> <rdf:li>traffic sign</rdf:li> </rdf:Bag> </dc:subject>
>
> Ahhh, I was looking for a functionality like this.  This is
> what we should switch to using for keywords/categories.  Do
> you have a pointer to the spot in the spec where 'Bag' is
> defined I could read up on?

See "http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_bag" and
"http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-list-elements".

Section 2.2.2 of "http://dublincore.org/documents/2002/05/15/dcq-rdf-xml/#sec2"
might be easier to read, and deals specifically with Dublin Core in RDF (in XML).

There is also a 'Seq' for *ordered* lists and an 'Alt' for alternate
representations, but I don't think they'll be very useful here.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer