[Clipart] vector aesthetics

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun May 2 19:12:16 PDT 2004

Hello all,

I've been working on a writing for a little while about what I'm calling
"vector aesthetics," which is a feature-based look at vector graphics
and design styles that are influenced by vector graphics. I'm trying to
get some eyes on the writing and some edits/fixes from these lovely
knowledgeable communities.

http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VectorAesthetics

I'm trying to develop a large picture view of SVG, Flash, why SVG is
important and how the art/aesthetics of SVG relates and is defined.

The final text will be included in a book I'm trying to get published
(in the future). Read more here: http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
if interested.

There are various sections in the writing which are important for our
communities to understand/look-at and is one of the reasons why I have
been working on these texts, as I think we need to zoom out and look at
the big picture of what we are working on, SVG, INKSCAPE, Clipart, and
OSS, and see where it is at in the aesthetic and technical landscapes.

Graduate Researcher
Visual Arts Department

PO BOX 948667
LA JOLLA, CA