[Clipart] screenshot 104

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Nov 12 09:12:24 PST 2004

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

>> I'm not sure of the details on this, but we have tools for applying
>> keywords en-masse, so we can probably fix it.
>
> the package has metadata in one file, metadata.rdf, so it can't pass
> the current validation, which require metadata in every file

So, all we need to do is take the metadata from metadata.rdf and embed
it within each file in the archive?  If we don't have a tool to do
that, I should write one.  Sounds easy -- especially if we don't have
to worry about merging with extant embedded metadata and can just
replace it with the contents of metadata.rdf.

>> Is this it?
>> http://www.openclipart.org/incoming_pre_0.08/lemon_svg_theme_01.zip
>
> correct, that is the file, it is not lost but neither available for
> download

Well, you _could_ download it from there, but it's not part of the
released package.  Yet.

>> It was probably moved aside due to metadata issues, but if we can
>> correct the metadata issues it could probably be included in the
>> next release.
>
> we have another potential problem with such contributions: at this
> moment we have submitted 3 icon themes, Lemon, Etiquette and Flat. if
> we put files in directories according with metadata and files from
> those packages have the same names and same keywords, will be
> overwritten when moved in directories corresponding to keywords (i
> suspect we already have some overwrites of Etiquette and Flat)

What we probably should do (for now) is put a directory under icons
for each of these themes.  I was planning to reorganize certain things
(mainly the flags) for the next release anyway.  I assume we still
have the zip archives (or tarballs or whatever) for Etiquette and
Flat, as they were uploaded?