[Clipart] Progress and Roadmap

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Nov 12 10:11:17 PST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Stephen Silver wrote:
> > If you can find the IP range corresponding to this, we can add blocks
> > for them.
>
> Hmm, it seems to be more difficult than I expected to find a complete
> list for this, so maybe it wasn't a good idea after all.  But if we
> can at least block those ranges from which we have received spam, this
> should help control the amount of spam to some extent.
>
> The following ranges cover recent spammers:
>
>  61.48.*.* - 61.51.*.*
>  202.107.*.*
>  218.1.*.*
>  218.74.*.*
>  218.78.*.* - 218.83.*.*
>  220.184.*.*
>  221.216.*.* - 221.223.*.*

I've added those.  I also went through and removed all the duplicate
bans that these would cover.

> > The ideal
> > way to solve this would be to add one or two more admins able to enact
> > these bans.  You and Rejon would seem to be the best two candidates for
> > this.  I'd be happy to add either or both of you if you're willing to
> > take the duty.
>
> You can add me if you like.  Do I need a freedesktop.org account for this?

Password being sent under separate cover.  You don't need a
freedesktop.org account for basic maintenance.  You do in order to add
the keywords to auto-block, but I can continue doing that part.

> > > By the way, if someone with the power to do so could delete all the
> > > pages created by 202.107.216.99 this would get rid of most of the
> > > spam that's currently on the wiki.
> >
> > Deleted.
>
> Thanks, but you missed some:
>
> Avoiding_Memory_Leaks
> Browser-Shortcuts_For_The_Online_Docs
> Compiling_WxWidgets
> Cross-Compiling_Under_Linux
> Developers_Notebook/Docs
> Developers_Notebook/WxWinCE
> Installing_WxWin_For_MS_Free_Tools
> MythicPlace
> OnComingToWriteAboutPlace
> PhotographingPlace/Journeys
> QuotesOnPlace
> Reducing_Executable_Size
> Sandbox
> TreesAndPlace
> Using_XML_With_WxWidgets
> WxMSW_Issues
> WxWidgets_For_MFC_Programmers
> hello
> kitty
> myseo

I deleted some more.  Feel free to remove any others I missed.