[Clipart] Contributions to the library

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Oct 5 22:35:54 PDT 2004

Martin Holmes wrote:
> We have a substantial library of our own clipart, created primarily to
> support language teaching, here:
>
> <http://web.uvic.ca/hcmc/clipart/>
>
> We're wondering whether this material would be useful to your project.
> Keywords are already assigned to each image in a JavaScript array which
> is used for searching them; these wouldn't necessarily match your
> keywords though. Does the material look like it would be useful for
> openclipart? If so, do you have any tips on how we might batch-convert
> the images to SVG?

what is the license of your images? are the authors willing to give them
as Public Domain?

i see on your website "You may use GIF images from this library on your
Website as long as you add an acknowledgement to the UVic Humanities
Computing and Media Centre and Half-Baked Software somewhere on your site"

--
nicu