[Clipart] Contributions to the library

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Oct 5 22:47:59 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 18:20, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> If the images can be saved as SVG, then yes these definitely would be a
> good addition to the library.  I don't know about PSD->SVG, but I
> believe Illustrator can save as SVG.  Also, Inkscape has some rudmentary
> support for importing illustrator files, so that's worth a try too.
> Inkscape can be run in batch mode, although I don't know if it'll
> support batch conversion of AI files; but if it doesn't, that's a pretty
> easy thing to get added so if so let me know and we can talk with Ted
> about it.

Depending on the version of Illustrator we have options.  Using pstoedit
with the plot-svg backend would probably be the easiest.  I believe that
pstoedit can do the newer versions, and we can probably use ill2svg that
is in Inkscape for the others.  It shouldn't be that hard, but it will
probably be easier to work around Inkscape using the scripts that it
uses than to use Inkscape itself.

		--Ted

PS - Ofcourse, I echo the licensing issue.