[Clipart] Contributions to the library

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Wed Oct 6 06:01:22 PDT 2004

Martin Holmes wrote:
> We are the UVic Humanities Computing and Media Centre, so if we decide
> to contribute them, we can put them in the public domain. The artists
> were working under workstudy contracts under which they explicitly
> relinquished rights to their work.
>
> I will have to run this by my bosses if we decide to contribute them,
> but I don't anticipate any problems. The biggest difficulty for us would
> be finding the manpower to do the conversions and convert all our
> metadata to your system; we might not be able to do that for some time,
> unfortunately.

that is what i meant: to ensure you check out with your colleagues this,
in order to avoid any future problems (PD can not require advertising)

about the conversion: i hope this can be automated (see the message from
Ted) and we can avoid such problems.

another possible problem will be the addition of metadata, but i hope we
can learn more about that from the experience of Christian (Uraeus) in
adding metadata to his flag collection.

--
nicu