[Clipart] Can't submit clipart

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Oct 6 15:40:58 PDT 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> the content of the incoming folder was cleared at the release: all valid
> files were supposed to be included in the release (*supposed* because
> something went wrong and not all were included - your image is included
> in release 0.07?)
> if you submitted the clipart using the web interface, it should have
> correct metadata, but we have an unidentified bug here and sometime it
> cause problems.

Yeah, if someone could investigate this, it'd be appreciated.  I didn't
have time during the release to investigate validation issues.

> > However, my submission did not reach the incoming folder, and does not
> > show up on the web site either. Why?
>
> at the release Bryce renamed the old 'incoming' folder to
> 'incoming_pre_0.7' and created a new one. i believe he forgot to give
> permission for the web server to write in that folder, probably the
> problem will be corrected as soon as Bryce will see your message.

I assumed it was only necessary to give group write permissions.
Evidently not...  I've assigned it world write permissions.  This does
not seem terribly secure, though...