[Clipart] Can't submit clipart

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Oct 7 00:59:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > I would appreciate it if someone would go through the old files and
> > > investigate them.  There was still invalid stuff left there from several
> > > releases ago.
> >
> > i can do this, but there are some problems:
> > 1. i don't know exactly what files were rejected, mostly in the last
> > release, and the number is big enough now to not do this manually as before
> > 2. the reason of rejection for a few files was our own upload_svg.cgi,
> > not the original files
>
> I see what is happening now.  The reason the passfail report doesn't get
> generated is because one of the files is causing svg_validate to quit
> part way through processing.  This file is
> navigation_display_panel_01.svg, and it errors with this message:
>
> Processing file 'ocal_incoming/navigation_display_panel_01.svg'
> Can't use string ("
>             avionics
>           ") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at
> 	  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2/XML/Twig.pm line 5617.

ocal_incoming/milimetered_paper_01.svg gives a similar error.
Looks like a few others (OCAP_logotypes_boxes.svg) have the issue too.

I traced the error down; apparently XML::Twig can die when you call the
simplify() routine, which is where the die happens.  I don't know why
it's failing, but I was able to trap the die so it goes on after
encountering the problem.

It may take some additional time to get this completely sorted out.
I'll ensure svg_validates skips these bad files; perhaps you can look
into why they're failing, in the meantime?