[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: #104

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Thu Oct 7 13:34:25 PDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Nathan Eady wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
> > but, IMO, this file can go directly to /dev/null
>
> If you prefer.  It really isn't anything I think we can use.
>
> If we get a _lot_ of submissions like this, I'll implement some
> sort of holding-tank and an approval interface we can use to
> accept the good ones.

Don't worry about this for now - this capability will be available via
the dms eventually, so unless it becomes a major issue between now and
when we can start using the dms, you shouldn't need to spend time on
it.

Btw, I don't know if I already mentioned it, but the dms service is
installed and running on openclipart.org.  I uploaded the current
release into it, too.  I'm not ready to declare it available for
production use yet though, but am using it to develop some client
tools.  I've gone through some of yours and Niku's scripts to see the
kinds of operations you need, and will be implementing those next.

I think I should focus on the browsing type aspects first, because the
submission functionality doesn't help us much without also having
browsing functionality in place (for viewing the incoming queue, etc.)
To do this I will need to focus on making the dms at least modestly
aware of metadata, so you can do queries like, "get all docs names for
user X" or "List of top ten most recent document submitters" or "get
list of all docs with keyword Q".  Any other requests along these lines?