[Clipart] https / certificates

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Wed Oct 20 17:49:04 PDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Jonadab - yeah, looks like in order to use https for encrypting the
> password during login we do need to have a certificate.  I'm
> investigating a bit more.  A complicating factor is that the 'standard'
> way to do certs is through Apache, yet with dms running as a daemon we
> wouldn't be able to use that procedure.  I'll bet there's a way to do it
> though -- investigating.

Found some articles about setting up the certificates and everything,
but it looks rather involved.  Since I've got http-based login working
now, I'm going to leave the encrypted option to figure out later and
proceed with getting the actual upload functionality implemented first.
Mantis uses http-based login too, so security-wise we're at least no
worse off.