[Clipart] Positive submission reinforcement

Chris Murphy chrismurf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:37:28 PDT 2004

Hi,
  I submitted a couple (simple) SVG graphics the other day: scuba_tank
and nitrox_scuba_tank.  I tried to follow all the rules, but was a
little confused.  I think I eventually submitted it correctly, and
after browsing through your archives, I found the following page:
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/clipart/2004-October/001706.html
which contains the passfail records.  I'm still not 100% sure that my
images were accepted, but I feel more confident after seeing them in
the list.

  Anyway, the reason that I mention all this is that it is (currently)
not really all that welcoming to begin submitting clipart.  I read
through quite a bit of the OCA.org website, but I still have no real
idea if my clipart has been accepted, and I don't know why it isn't
included in the current collection.  Do you release the new art in
batches?

  I think this is a great project, and I hope to contribute more items
as I get better and better with Inkscape, but I suspect that you would
have more contributors if there was a little clearer explanation about
what the process is - ie, when can I expect to actually see my clipart
be part of the collection?  How do I know I did it right, and that it
is going to be included?  Is there a way to have the passfail records
on the site someplace?

  It just seemed a little blackhole-ish, and made me want to wait to
make sure what I worked on will be useful before submitting more art.

  Thanks for all the effort on this project, and best wishes,

        Chris Murphy
        Olin College '06