[Clipart] Logo vote

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Sep 3 19:07:09 PDT 2004

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Jon Phillips wrote:

> I'm tallying up now, if you are trying to get a vote in, then get it in
> within the next few minutes!!!

None of the submissions jump out to me.

I want something that can work without any text.

My preferences, my votes:

1) Andreas' logo looks nice.
http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clip_art_library_logo_01.svg

2) I like the idea of scissors.
http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clip_art_logo_10.svg

3) Niel's box looks interesting, but I am not sure how it relates to the
project.
http://openclipart.org/clipart//OCALLogos/open_clip_art_librarylogo_01.svg

By the way, I watched (behind the scenes) the NetBSD task of finding a new
logo. We received over 400 logos. We then got down to 6 logos and had
second vote. Then we voted (as a project -- the official developers)
whether to use the final one decided on. This process took several months.
It is now my job to write the press release for NetBSD to announce our new
logo.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/