[Clipart] And the Winner is... + Need Independent Verification

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Sep 4 06:59:47 PDT 2004

Bryce Harrington <bryce at bryceharrington.com> writes:

> I'm looking forward to seeing our new logo in use.  :-)

The bookmark / address-bar icon should be in place now.

Firefox (Linux-x86 build) shows the new logo in the address bar as
soon as the page loads.  If you have the tab bar open it also shows
it on the page's tab.  This should work for any page that uses
shell.php.  Any browser that supports PNG and the SHORTCUT ICON
relationship link should be able to find this image, but of course
different browsers do different things with it.  A quick test in
Seamonkey/Navigator (1.6b, yes, that's out of date) shows the new icon
in the location bar and on the tab.  I'm also seeing it in the address
bar on Konqueror 3.1.4.  Feel free to test other browsers.

If any of you use MSIE, try making a shortcut on your desktop.  You
should see the new logo.  This should work for anything on the site,
since MSIE hits the magic /favicon.ico path for this, or such is my
understanding.  MSIE is also showing the logo in the address bar, now
that I created the desktop shortcut; before that it didn't; not sure
if it would have if I hadn't, given a little more time, or if I had to
create the shortcut to get it to happen.

We'll also want to put the new logo in the body of the page itself (in
includes/header.php), but for that we'll probably want the version
with the words, so I'll hold off on that for the moment.