[Clipart] And the Winner is... + Need Independent Verification

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Mon Sep 6 16:41:23 PDT 2004

Andreas Nilsson <nisses.mail at home.se> writes:

> Gnome can display icons in the SVG-format, but have some problems
> when it comes to transparecy and filters (that is in 2.4...haven´t
> upgraded to 2.6 yet). I belive that this logo will work fine on the
> gnome desktop (exept that it breaks some minor HIG stuff like
> containing non-gnome-palette colors).  - Andreas

I wouldn't worry about non-gnome-palette colors for an icon being
distributed separately that people can download if they want and use
or not use.  Obviously if we were making an icon to be distributed as
part of the Gnome desktop it would have to conform in that way, but I
don't think that really applies in our situation.