[Clipart] And the Winner is... + Need Independent Verification

Andreas Nilsson nisses.mail at home.se
Tue Sep 7 11:37:03 PDT 2004

Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
>
>> I made an attempt at producing a stylesheet based on this, but it...
>> needs work.  It's available on the site now as an _alternate_
>> stylesheet; in Mozilla (Seamonkey/Navigator) you can find it under
>> View->Use Style.  But it's bad.  Those background colors are too
>> strong for areas that large, for one thing (maybe they'd be better as
>> border colors and stuff?), and in general it's crude and unpolished,
>> because when I saw how ugly all that orange is I quit messing with it.
>

> yes, is too strong, too bright and too orange/red (almost hurt my eyes).
>
> on the good side, it reminds me the old Mozilla website style -
> http://www.mozilla.org/banners/

I have done a mockup that might be usable and while it contains the same
colors it doesn´t make you blind.
The gray in the upload and download-boxes has a subtle red in them and
the border reminds of the relationship with freedesktop (like the
current colors do). I can make a stylesheet out of it if anyone like it
(the borders might be a hell of there own, but didn´t css3 have a nice
way of doing custom borders around objects?). On the other hand I saw
that Jon was working on a new design and that perhaps I don´t need to
make one as well.
Here is the proposal mockup anyway:
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/webproposal.png
- Andreas