Aaagh! Re: [Clipart] new site design in progress

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Sep 14 22:32:16 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
>  * The package-and-release toolchain probably needs refinement.  I'm
>    not familiar enough with it to know exactly what kind of refinement.
>
>  * The tools for taking images from Incoming or from a released
>    package and moving them into the Browse script's directory
>    heirarchy for easy browsing probably need to be automated better.
>    I've been mostly ignoring this since the browse tool was largely
>    Alberto's work, and I didn't want to step on his toes, and in any
>    case it really needed some of the keyword stuff that only got in
>    place (relatively) recently.

i think moving images from Incoming to Browse should be part of the
release process: when someone (Bryce) hit the 'release' button (start
the script), images from Incoming are processed, those validated are
included in the release tarball AND also moved from Incoming to Browse
(right now in 'unsorted', when keywords will be used we will see where)

--
nicu