[Clipart] upload_svg.cgi and shell.php

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Sep 24 08:35:36 PDT 2004

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> i understand your reasoning, but look at the following scenario
> (this indeed happened to me):
> - upload a SVG file using the front page;
> - a second page is displayed, asking me for additional info because
> the previous form has not figured the file type;
> - select SVG and press 'Send file';
> - the page say my file was uploaded successfully;

And gives you a link to the uploaded file, so that you can verify the
upload was successful.

> - i look at the 'Incoming' box to verify this: my file is not shown
> there! panic!

Don't panic -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, front cover.

> - click on logo, in order to access frontpage, to also check
> 'Incoming' from there;
> - 404 error is shown, because the link is wrong;

That's a long-standing known bug in shell.php that I assume one of the
PHP people will correct eventually.  Most of the links are broken
whenever shell.php is used from outside the root directory.