[Clipart] upload_svg.cgi and shell.php

Jonathan Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Sep 25 03:47:13 PDT 2004

I had to fix permissions on the screenshots directory, and now
everything works for one to upload their own thumbnail.

When someone submits their own thumbnail, the dimension are checked
aren't they? They need to be 195 by 146. I changed the script with to
generate thumbnails in those dimensions.

Another thing, can these files then be dynamically loaded onto the
screenshots page? That would be brilliant...

This screenshots script is very useful!!!

I've added a couple and I encourage you all to do the same, as the ones
I submitted are not the best of all -- we need some of those fitzsimon
wicked gradient shots.

Also, can the cached copy of shell.php at least be checked to see if
their was a modified file time between the cached copy and the real
file? It is annoying to update shell.php and then the cache is still not
right...Checking the file mtime would be better than just loading it in
each time, right?

Thanks!
Jon

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 00:35, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:
>
> > i understand your reasoning, but look at the following scenario
> > (this indeed happened to me):
> > - upload a SVG file using the front page;
> > - a second page is displayed, asking me for additional info because
> > the previous form has not figured the file type;
> > - select SVG and press 'Send file';
> > - the page say my file was uploaded successfully;
>
> And gives you a link to the uploaded file, so that you can verify the
> upload was successful.
>
> > - i look at the 'Incoming' box to verify this: my file is not shown
> > there! panic!
>
> Don't panic -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, front cover.
>
> > - click on logo, in order to access frontpage, to also check
> > 'Incoming' from there;
> > - 404 error is shown, because the link is wrong;
>
> That's a long-standing known bug in shell.php that I assume one of the
> PHP people will correct eventually.  Most of the links are broken
> whenever shell.php is used from outside the root directory.

KOREA.PH.010.3140.7483
USA.PH.858.361.2811
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org