[Clipart] Logo, blue on blue.

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Sep 25 15:55:46 PDT 2004

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> The openclipart.org logo blue is subtley different from the blue used on
> the page, just different enough for the edge to be noticable.

It's all #3C5889; you're probably seeing a long-standing Gecko image
background color bug.  I think this is fixed in recent versions.  I
don't happen to know the bugzilla number for this one, but it was
around for quite a long time, from way back before Netscape 6.0 came
out clear up until at least Mozilla 1.4, if not later.  If you're
using an old Mozilla.org browser, that's probably what you're seeing.
It's most noticeable on PNG images with 100% transparent backgrounds:
they don't show up as quite 100% transparent, but are tinted about
#010101 or so closer to white (or maybe to the image color at that
pixel), even though the alpha channel says fully transparent.  When
you have an image that used to have a white background, but it's been
erased around the edges, and it's displayed on a page with a dark
background, this becomes very noticeable.

But it's a Gecko bug, nothing to do with our site, and anyway I can't
seem to reproduce it in Firefox 0.9.3, so I think it's fixed finally.