[Clipart] More discussion about Delineate/Autotrace images

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Sep 27 11:17:57 PDT 2004

Nathan Eady wrote:
> Now it looks like an abstract or impressionistic image, and in addition
> will be in some ways easier to edit -- which is what I did next, using
> Inkscape:
> http://openclipart.org/incoming/carnegie_library_building_01.svg

i have the habit to look daily at the website to check what was uploaded
and i remember seeing this picture a few days ago, it looks nice, but
IMO, the file is big: 512.2 K

> I also submitted it (the final version only, not the others on
> the galion.lib.oh.us server; those are just there for illustration
> purposes for this discussion) to kick off the "buildings" (other
> than houses) category.
>
> Other thoughts?

the next version of Inkscape will have such functionality bundled, using
potrace.
i'm curious to see it at work, but prefer to wait the release (i'm not
very happy to download from CVS and compile myself)

--
nicu