[Clipart] developing an xml schema standard for packaged multimedia

Mike Traum mtraum at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 07:28:59 PDT 2005

I think an xml schema should be developed for a bundle of multimedia
files. There may be one already, but in my brief search I was not
able to come up with anything.

This would allow metadata such as keywords and categories to be
distributed with multimedia, allowing easier use on the client side.
For example, you could then download a bunch of clipart from
openclipart.org as an xml file. This xml file could then be used in a
multimedia organizer application which would give you the ability to
search keywords and see the categories.

I realize that svg has the ability to have embedded metadata, but
many other format's do not.

Any takers? I'd be happy to collaborate, assuming the community
at-large is interested.

mike