[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: Kiribati Flag

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Mon Aug 1 01:59:46 PDT 2005

Patricia FIDI wrote:
> Jonadab the Unsightly One a écrit :
>
>>Well, that certainly is a Kiribati flag... but it is not the Kiribati
>>flag from our collection (among other things, the colors are a bit
>>different).

Right, it was not a shot of the flag from the collection, but of the
flag from 'incoming', submitted by Patricia

> Please could you send me URL about official colors and flag because on
> the web there is many kiribati flags. They are so different each others.
> I will made the change... The kiribati flag on openclipart is not like
> others in the web too (see the bird).

I understand this is NOT official, but I believe the source is credible:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/flags/kr-flag.html

> I thought it's for a kind of png thumbnail about svg clip art we just
> uploaded.
> But it's seems to be for illustrated news of the home page...
> Then I couldn't delete the uploaded... (it's why I'm on the mailing list
> now... for understand : openclipart site)

the process is like this: submited clipart is placed in an 'incoming'
folder and at the end of each month we do a release - run some
validation and then package the images in various formats and update the
browsable repository. Expect your images  to be included in release
0.17, at the beginning of September.
There is work behind the scene to improve how the library works by
implementing a Document Management System (DMS), but it will take a while.

> I always thinked (many years I visited openclipart site) that we have
> possibility to
> insert a png image = less work for the webmaster...

Practically there is no work to create thumbnails, those are generated
by a script which is part of the release process.

--
nicu