[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: Kiribati Flag

Stephen Silver ocalocal at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 1 07:43:19 PDT 2005

Jarno wrote:

> >> I don't think that "The Flags Of The World" website is most accure
> >> place on web. Example the Finlands state flag is incorrect by stars
> >> of "coat of arms of the state" that is in middle on flag.
> >
> > There are no stars, unless you mean the rosettes.  The rosettes seem
> > to be about right, however.  On the other hand, the sword at the top
> > appears to be wrong, judging by the picture on the Finnish goverment
> > website:
> >
> >   http://www.valtioneuvosto.fi/tpk/eng/institution/ensign.html
> >

> Look at those rosettes ... they should be at same line at vertical and
> the bottom rosette is also in wrong place.
>
> http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/fi.html

Yes, I see what you mean.  Is there an official specification for
the emblem?  The best I could find is quoted on this page:

http://www.intermin.fi/intermin/home.nsf/pages/FF3154C97F0DB400C2256B640064843F?opendocument

but this is quite vague, and doesn't specify the position of the
rosettes at all.

> >> I would use the factbook that was mentioned.
> >> http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook
> >
> > Please don't use that - it's horribly inaccurate as far as flags go.
> > For example, the flags of South Korea, China and Australia are all
> > wrong.

By the way, the flags for South Korea and China in our flag collection
appear to be based on the CIA World Factbook and are therefore wrong.
I uploaded a correct South Korean flag some time ago (now in the
collection as south_korea_-_taegeukgi_01.svg), but I haven't got
around to doing the Chinese flag yet - I'll try to get this done for
the 0.17 release.

--
Stephen Silver