[Clipart] Nazi flag

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Sun Aug 7 15:46:47 PDT 2005

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005, momo wrote:

> Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 15:13:51 +0200
> From: momo <momo at lumenstudio.net>
> To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: [Clipart] Nazi flag
>
> Take a look at that: http://www.ospreysamurai.com/samurai_heraldry.html
>
> If someone will post a clipart collection of samurai heraldry and among
> other symbols will be the swastika (which is still a very popular symbol
> in asian religions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika), will the
> collection be banned?

I think the Nazi swastiki has some variations like the arms going in a
different direction but that doesn't make your point any less relevant.

> Just to make things clear: I'm not defending the nazi flag or whathever
> connected to nazism, I'm just thinking that a clipart should be complete
> and keywords like "Germany" should also point to nazi flags in the

I haven't gotten round to it yet but I've been meaning to add a comment to
the bug report to add the keyword "swastika" to the flag, which is
certainly a more important keyword than Germany.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org
Abiword http://www.abisource.com