[Clipart] SVGscan

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Aug 21 17:30:10 PDT 2005

"Stephen Silver" <ocalocal at btinternet.com> writes:

> Well, that's good, but it's also pretty strange.  I've installed
> Python 2.3.5 for testing purposes, and when I use it I only get line
> and column numbers for parse errors, not for things like invalid path
> data and missing attributes.

Perhaps the XML library _is_ just a library, not part of the language
core, and perhaps it _can_ be upgraded separately from Python itself.

This would not surprise me; I thought sure that Guido, for all that I
disagree with some of his ideas about programming paradigms, was at
least that sane.

So, perhaps the Debian folks included a more recent version of the XML
library for Python, even though they did not, for whatever reason,
include the latest stable Python release.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/