[Clipart] New Makefile and clipart_package cvs module!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Aug 21 17:57:49 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 20:22 -0400, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:
>
> > Debian have man pages for all programs.
>
> The Open Clip Art Library, though, is not a program per se.
>
> Not that I'm against having a man page, I'm just not sure exactly what
> information it should contain.
>
> Also, whatever information goes in a man page should probably also be
> made available in a couple of other formats, most particularly HTML
> and plain ASCII text.
>
> But, what information would we put in there?  A description of what
> the library is?  A description of how to find programs that can use or
> convert SVG images?  An explanation of what it means that the images
> have been placed in the public domain?  Contact information?
> Information on how to contribute?  All of the above?

Let's just hold off on the manpage for now. I've gone full force on this
makefile module and now have added support for all the packages you
build jonadab (full, svgonly, tools), and just now added the building of
the win32 binary installer (all unix/linux side!!!).

Soooo, now, please test out this infrastructure please jonadab (and
others) and see how it will work out. It is pretty self explanatory.

I decoupled the nsis directive from the make dist, which makes all the
packages into the 'packages' folder.

One has to install makensis (from nsis.sf.net) and then install it
somewhere, default, /opt/nsis, and then run:

	make nsis

This builds the openclipart-VERSION_NUM-win32.exe installer!

Rock! I'm plowing through tasks thx to my new Bryce/Kees style task
management...keep on running!

Check out the clipart_package module and read the INSTALL instructions
to see how the process works.

I hope this helps the packaging and release process as it is getting
more complicated.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org