[Clipart] Re: coordinate the new release

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Aug 23 07:54:19 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Jonadab (and others), lets coordinate the new release more closely,
> as it would be good to get your feedback to make the release process
> quicker, and also so that we can update the release process
> instructions on the wiki.

Okay, I'm looking at my calendar here...

Hmmm...  Okay.  I work Saturday the 27th, which means I'm off
Wednesday the 24th (eek, that's tomorrow already) instead.

So if I pull the incoming files on the 24th, it should be possible to
get through Release Procedure steps 1-19 by Sunday the 28th, even with
the large amount of new clipart this time.

>From what I understand of the INSTALL file in the clipart_package
repository, this is roughly where the new makefile stuff picks up.
(Am I pretty close to right on that?  Maybe the Release Procedure
should be updated to reflect using the makefile stuff...)

That should give us time to get the various packages built and the PR
done and so forth by the first of September, or thereabouts.

Am I making sense?  Do we want to release on Thursday the 1st?

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/