[Clipart] Re: still getting clipartbrowser errors

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Aug 24 15:08:03 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 17:54 -0400, Greg Steffensen wrote:
> Hey, the path to your indexed clipart directory isn't set correctly in
> the configuration file.  Make sure it points to whatever directory you
> just indexed... that directory should now contain an "index.dat" file;
> if that file can't be found (or is in the wrong format), you'll get
> the above error.

Ok, first of all on most systems where the clipart is installed as a
package, then this file is not modifiable. I would recommend installing
this index in a users' local dir by default and not dig
into /usr/share/clipart for this. There is going to be permissions
problems (as I ran into) on this...I think we must assume that most ppl.
will be installing the clipart from a package as super-user.

Also, please reply to things on list :) I have done this... How can
others learn if they don't know the answers from the clip art browser
pro :)

Jon

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894