[Clipart] Re: [Inkscape-devel] CFV: Inkscape Examples Webpages

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Feb 20 04:51:54 PST 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> What would be good is if we could get jonadab to install his
> screenshot submission tool from OCAL onto the Inkscape site,

You'd have to talk to the Inkscape site people about doing that.  I
don't have any objection to its being used, but I'm not really
involved in Inkscape, except as an end user.

> and then we could tweak it to categorize submissions and possibly
> allow for more text to be written about a submission.

I am willing to release it under a license that would allow the
Inkscape site people to tweak it however they want, e.g., under the
BSD license or somesuch.

It doesn't really limit how bit the Description of the submission can
be when it's submitted, except that it should not contain newlines,
but if you're talking about a full multiuser categorizing, commenting,
and ranking system, there are probably other existing tools that are
closer to doing what you want.  For that you probably want something
with a database backend, rather than just stowing the author and stuff
in a .txt file, which is all the screenshot stuff I wrote does.