[Clipart] Two issues

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Jan 1 07:12:49 PST 2005

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> my submissions (3 files: jingle_bells, sledge and snowman) are in the
> same situation: listed in 'LOG-files-submitted-after-outage.txt',
> existing in 'incoming-pre-0.09' but not listed in 'PASSFAIL.txt' nor
> available in the prerelease.

I figured out why this happened.  Chalk it up to ignorance on my part
about the internals of svg_validate.

I had attempted to aggregate the results of multiple runs of
svg_validate and then run them through convert-release-to-browse
(i.e., the thingydoo that consolidates the directory structure) at the
same time and move them into the release tree together.  This might
have been a perfectly fine strategy, if it weren't for a fact that
escaped my notice:  svg_validate does `rm -rf $opt_target_dir`;

Live and learn.

I want to emphasize again that these files have not, ultimately, been
lost.  However, if we want them included in the 0.09 release, it means
that the prerelease files I uploaded yesterday are not the final
release.  I should be able to include them by this evening and
re-upload a replacement 0.09 (or 0.09b or 0.09.1 or somesuch) release
overnight or tomorrow.