[Clipart] Re: project cgi-bin dir?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jan 4 20:13:09 PST 2005

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:34:52 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> What would you call the state of libsvg-cairo & svg2png - stable ish?
> Stable enough to give to end users with some confidence?

There's lots of different kinds of stable....

As for svg2png, for the subset of SVG which is currently handled, it
usually does a pretty good job. But that subset is not well-specified.
And there are still rendering bugs here and there. But, I have found
it useful already.

For the libraries (libsvg-cairo and libsvg), I'm not sure I like the
API that's in place now. So I'm not ready to commit to any sort of
long-term stability of that interface. But, if these aren't used for
new development, but instead just an implementation detail of svg2png,
then they're just as stable ish as it is. (In the sense that I will
track changes to the library interfaces by making new versions of
svg2png).

-Carl

PS. I do still have an item on my TODO list to work through svg2png
problems exposed by the files in the Open Clipart Library. That should
be a fun couple of days resulting in some good hardening of cairo and
friends.