[Clipart] transparent turkeys

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Jan 6 23:12:30 PST 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> Here are the files I found that might be afflicted with this problem.
> Hence, some files might just have this fill-opacity by design...It
> appears that there are 839 files that have this fill-opacity in them. Is
> there are more robust test for this error so that we can see if we are
> fixing the files?

this is a lot of files, much more beyond my expectation

> Here is the folder I checked: /home/rejon/clipart.freedesktop.org
>
> Here is where I put the log of files that need to be checked and cleaned:
>
> http://openclipart.org/inkscapeSVGbug.log
>
> This might be a good task for some of y'all that want to get involved in
> the project.
>
> How should we go about cleaning up these files? What is the best way?
> This is where Bryce's DMS could really be handy in checking out all
> versions and then doing an update and commit to files in the repository.
>
> Thoughts on how to fix this?

i see some possible approaches:
- publish this list, along with a call for authors to review their files
and resubmit correct versions where is appropriate. this has the
advantage that we will get the best version of files and the work will
be distributed. the disadvantage: possibly our announcement will not
reach all authors;
- have one person or a small group of persons to review and correct the
files. advantage: we know all files will be processed, disadvantage:
this is a long work, will be very boring and in some cases is hard to
detect the problem
- use a scripted method to remove "fill-opacity:0.75000000;". advantage:
most time effective, disadvantage: can produce unwanted results, files
may need to be reviewed after this operation;
- correct only the files reported to be broken and wait for other
reports before correcting other files. advantage: less work,
disadvantage: we will knowingly distribute broken files.

--
nicu