[Clipart] Openclipart on Debian.

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Jan 10 15:59:56 PST 2005

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Jon Phillips wrote:
>
>>Bryce Harrington wrote:
>>
>>>Kewl!  This is a good point of progress, we'd always hoped eventually
>>>the distros would pick us up.  :-)
>>>
>>>Could someone add mention of this in the news on the homepage?
>>>

>>Yeah, that is totally cool!!! Man, I wonder how though debian developers will
>>deal with our tarball growing exponentially here over the next year ;)
>

> Yeah, I was thinking about that.  My hope is that with the keywords and
> perhaps rating mechanisms, we can make it easier to produce subsets of
> the clipart, so that distros can increasingly more narrowly specify the
> clipart they want (based on topic, quality, or whatever).  Hopefully we
> can have that functionality in place by the end of the year.

Yeah, that seems reasonable. We have lots of goals, but I think the best goal to
have is to see that our amount of clip art keeps increasing. Obviously we need
tools to manage a growing infrastructure, but as long as there is people
submitting, then I think we are doing pretty good.

BTW, what is everyone working on this month? How is everyone too? I hope
everybody is doing well...since we communicate mainly on mailing list, its hard
to for me to gauge how everybody is doing, how they feel about progress, and how
our developers personal lives are going...anyhow...best wishes in the new year. :)

If anyone wants to read about me: www.rejon.org

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)