[Clipart] OpenClipart and Debian.

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Tue Jan 11 21:56:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 23:31 -0500, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> You might like to think that OCAL is like a library, but truth is, it
> isn't a public library, or a historical archive. And the German law says
> that the current ocal distribution is illegal. And a lot of people would
> be deeply offended by it. We have to be sensitive to these issues.

Could you please provide a reference for this law?  I find it hard to
believe that an archive of images including historical ones would be
illegal.  I searched, and I could not find anything.

By the way, I'm scared of bunnies.  No pictures of bunnies.  Censorship
is still censorship no matter what political/economic/emotional reason
you attach to it.

I would have no problem making a category that is "Nazi Germany" and
allowing people to filter based on that category for their own uses, but
making different sets of the OCAL library based on particular people's
prejudices doesn't make a lot of sense.  There are too many of them to
cover all the cases.

                --Ted