[Clipart] OpenClipart and Debian.

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at math.umd.edu
Wed Jan 12 22:15:03 PST 2005

Bryce Harrington wrote:

> > Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> >
> > > Why anyone should find flags offensive is a mystery to me, though.
> >
> > Irrelevant. You can't impose your personal morality or that of your nation
> > or culture on everyone else.
>
> Ahem, *you* are attempting to impose Germany's morality/culture on
> everyone else.

Of course not. I would treat any significant group of people with the same
respect for their beliefs. As I said in my example, I accept and respect
the American sensitivities even if I don't understand them. So quite the
contrary, I make an effort to respect everyone's.

> And you continue to press the point even after everyone has basically
> agreed that there should be some filtering tools.
>
> One can only conclude that you're intentionally trying to pick a fight.

Please don't say that, it's not nice. And no, I'mnot. My message I got
from that email was belitting the views and laws of a large and educated
group of people. I wanted to respond. And I did not get the impression
that he was agreeing to filtering. He seemed to think that I was propsing
a complete removal of the flag, and I corrected that.

With respect,
--
Daniel Carrera            | I know everything, I just can't remember
Join OOoAuthors today!    | it all at once.