[Clipart] Guidelines for labeling content

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Jan 18 17:09:27 PST 2005

Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> writes:

> I think an important point that has been raised is that keywords
> should provide objective descriptions of the content, (eg. flag,
> Christian, nudity, etc.).

Agreed.  This gives people better control over what they do and don't
want to see.

> Every image should have multiple words describing it. The metadata
> is an important part of what OCAL is about, right?

Yes, absolutely.  We want to have a collection that's easily
searchable, sortable, filterable, manageable, internationalizeable,
and localizeable.  We think the metadata, combined with the right
tools, can ultimately give us all of that.