[Clipart] Re: OpenClipart.org Motto

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Tue Jul 5 18:28:31 PDT 2005

Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:

> Alan Horkan wrote:
>> OpenClipart.org "Drawn Together" It is a catchy pun and sickly
>> sweet but Comedy Central might sue and the joke will probably get
>> old fast.
>
> The target of the joke is people who watch Comedy Central ->
> i.e. live in certain parts of the world (assuming I understood
> correct the references I saw about it on various blogs and Comedy
> Central is a TV station)

I don't know anything about the Comedy Central joke (haven't seen that
channel since I left college in 1997), but "Drawn Together" has an
obvious double-meaning to anyone whose first language is English, I
should think, and both meanings are upbeat ways to look at OCAL.

But perhaps before I suggest we should go with it, maybe I ought to
inquire what additional meaning Comedy Central has given it?