[Clipart] Do you look for small $ contributions?

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Sat Jul 9 23:21:23 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 12:50 -0700, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form
> wrote:
>
>>Name: Steve MacCabe
>>
>>Dear Open Clip Art Library,
>>
>>You have a great idea here. Do you look for individual contributions
>>of a few bucks?  I would mail a small donation.
>>
>>Do you have corporate sponsors or what? How do you stay
>>alive (My quick look at your site shows no solicitations
>>or address for $ or anything)
>>
>>Anyway, keep the faith!
>

> Hi Steve,
>
> We stay alive purely from free time and energy of the developers of the
> project. We don't have any corporate sponsors at present. Any and all
> donations we would need to decide about as a group, but you could email
> a donation to me through paypal at phillipsjd at gmail.com and I will hold
> onto until we can decide what to do with the funds.

Well, we have to thank freedesktop.org for hosting our project. Without
them, I guess this would be the the largest of our expenses.

> We have talked about this in the past, yet have not come up with a good
> way to shuttle funds through the project. Ideally, we would use the
> funding to sponsor development of the project for small features and to
> help fund people to attend conferences.

If we talk about small donations which probably would not be enough to
cover development or conferences, we can use them for a cool prize (for
example a book) in a contest intended to attract new contributors.

--
nicu