[Clipart] [marketing] Link to OpenClipart.org today!

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Jul 12 08:35:28 PDT 2005

Inspired by Jon Phillips shamelessly pimping OpenClipart.org in his
journal I'd like to encourage everyone to put up a link to OpenClipart.org
today and do a bit of shameless marketing.  I'm going to keep it pretty
simple and because of that I hope it is something everyone on the list
will make the effort to do it and maybe it will help.

If you are on any mailing lists feel free to include a discrete link
to OpenClipart.org at the bottom of your email because these links show up
on the web in mailing list archives and can help boost our search ranking.
If you are posting to any blogs/journals/diarys/message boards/slashdot
today think about including a link to us too.
A good wide spread of links is more likely to be effective than very few
pages with hundreds of links.

And you can always tell a friend about OpenClipart.org and get people
intersted which is the best way to promote something.

I would strongly recommend using the words "clipart" or "clip" and "art"
in your link text as well as making sure to provide a title parameter to
your link.

Here is the link I will be posting in my journal entry today, feel free to
reuse it:

title="Open Clip Art Library">Clip Art</a>

Go on, give it a try.  You know you want to.
;)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org